What Came Before

Today

Proin sit amet varius quam, consectetur iaculis lorem. Nulla facilisi. Nulla a mattis tortor, ac auctor mi. Aliquam sollicitudin elementum erat nec sollicitudin. Donec bibendum lectus tellus, non commodo leo vulputate vitae. Fusce dolor lacus, auctor vel mi et, fringilla tristique eros. Vivamus porta blandit mauris ut euismod. Vivamus congue est id turpis volutpat, sit amet luctus lorem eleifend. Donec lobortis augue ut sodales posuere. Aliquam ut fringilla libero, vel blandit augue. Mauris posuere tortor enim, sed rhoncus nibh condimentum non. Pellentesque dictum faucibus nisl sed aliquam. Aliquam lacinia dolor eu tempus posuere. Morbi laoreet arcu vel eros euismod porta.  Aliquam tincidunt velit ut nunc hendrerit luctus. Donec viverra consequat dictum. Nam in sem id ante mollis pellentesque. Ut sed posuere ex. Mauris tempus lorem vitae est dapibus, id lacinia risus tristique. Etiam tincidunt ut nisi in dignissim. Sed vehicula justo

1950’s-2000’s

In 2011 the WCCA was renamed as The Causey Development Trust (CDT) and in April 2011 became a registered charity (SC042217).

1900’s-1950’s

Following the success of that temporary project, the WCCA decided to pursue a permanent transformation of the space into a place for people influenced by the ideas and hopes of local people in workshops, exhibitions and consultation/engagement events.

Founding story

The West Crosscauseway Association (WCCA) was formed in February 2007 in response to a temporary, award-winning project in the Causey, part of the SIX CITIES Design Festival held in May 2007.

This project transformed the place from a car-dominated traffic island into an elegant tropical island for local people to enjoy. With no through vehicle traffic this project gave a vision of how the street could look and be used.

News