Click here to change this text Click here to change this text Click here to change this text Click here to change this text
What We Do
Since 2007 we have worked at a grassroots level to develop a transformative design for this historic but underused and unattractive space in Edinburgh’s Southside. Our design is based on the aspirations and insights gathered from the local community and City of Edinburgh Council and is underpinned by our commitment to sustainability, greener and safer active travel and the wellbeing of local people and visitors.
There has never been a better time to invest in the spaces around us. The global pandemic that began in 2020 has changed how we live, travel and interact and the pressure to reduce vehicle emissions has never been stronger. By supporting The Causey you are:
- Promoting walking, cycling and active travel
- Putting people at the heart of a community
- Promoting greener living
- Embracing sustainability
- Respecting its heritage
- Providing space for community events and neighbourliness
- Creating a better civic space at the heart of Edinburgh’s Southside
For more information get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our news section here (will link)
Where We’re At
- A design proposal for The Causey has been drawn up by Ironside Farrar Landscape Architects, based on local people’s ideas expressed in our community engagement. You can find this here.
- To date we have a route to £1million of the funding we need to achieve this proposal, thanks to pledges and potential match funding from Sustrans. We are open to further donations and funding opportunities. For more information see below for contact details
- To carry out the capital works necessary this design proposal needs an approved Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) and Redetermination Order (RDO) which, due to a small number of unresolved objections, require a Scottish Ministers Hearing, currently delayed by Covid.
- The City of Edinburgh Council is promoting the TRO/RDO and we are confident that these objections will be dismissed.
- Further fundraising, design detailing and a tendering process will take place, with the earliest capital works beginning in the latter part of 2022.
- We have commissioned artist’s impressions of what The Causey could look like and how it could be used if our plans are approved. You can find these here (this will be linked to the news section of the site and article about Wee Dog Media collab)
Who we work with
Messages of Support
Click here to change this text Click here to change this text Click here to change this text Click here to change this text Click here to change this text